Wednesday, December 15, 2010

TEACHER

I guess it's been a month since I started my first part time job- teaching a korean kid. (Thanks to Ate Dhang, God used her to supplement all my needs during that time.) God has been faithful to me for 20 years. May it be material or not! Teaching is my passion, it's one of my childhood dreams. Unfortunately, I ended up choosing the career which is in demand- NURSING. But the good news is the field I've chosen can also impart knowledge by teaching. Kids who are incompetent or inadequate to be educated are the one I wanted to inculcate.

My first part time job, effortlessly a substitute teacher, I was so surprised and excited but nervous at the same time. I have lots of "WHAT IF's?" in my mind going such as: What if the mother doesn't approve? What if they discriminate my grammar? What if they reject me? Those were my nullifying interrogations. But when I enter the employers home, Ate Dhang's encouragements were all positive! The family was amiable and easy to please. Although, Vivian, a 14y/o is having a hard time in comprehension and memorization I still find the satisfaction or pleasure  in teaching.

Vivian, at first she looks blasé and tries to adapt my teaching style and she looks somnolent. After a while I was able to persuade her attention. Throughout the lecture, she likes CHIKA, she attempts to distract  me by asking personal stuffs in my life "Do you have siblings? You like this food too?" Although I was flattered that this kid is interested to get to know me, her compliments drew me in euphoria! HAHA

Teachers, professors, mentors, lecturer and other names who knows HOW to teach are the one I salute the most! They don't teach only for the sake of obligation or just to earn their monthly wages but there is beyond inexplicable pleasure when they teach- PASSION. They have the passion out of obligation to impart knowledge to the individual who are ALSO interested to gain knowledge!

When I was in elementary, my teachers back then influenced me to LIKE teaching. No one actually said that I SHOULD be a teacher, it was when all my classmates likes to be a teacher too, and so in some way, I emulated them. But unfortunately, dreams in childhood never last, all my classmates ended up in different fields too, some of them took: Engineering, architecture, Mass communication, NURSING, Information Technology and Computer Science. We all changes our minds, as time goes by the more survey or knowledge about the things that surrounded us the more we depart from where we were before. We grow up, we change. 

What I know today is that TEACHING is my PASSION and I believe God will not remove that from me. It's also one way of reaching out across the ocean to the people who needs direction! Since God has given me this gift, I will not waste it, I will continue impart and share what I believe I know and will continue to keep  my teaching style ALIVE! To God be the GLORY alone! =) <3

1 comment:

  1. Shek! I am also be working as a Trainer for TESDA trainings...and I´m excited yet nervous at the same time! hahah...yet, i dont do this for money but for the sake of my future students...for them to get good jobs. :)) parehas pala tayo. :) God lead me to this job...and I love it! This is my passion now. well, yung mga students ko will be ranging from highschool, colleg students and adults! heheh so, goodluck sa atin! God is with us! :D

    ReplyDelete