Saturday, December 4, 2010

NEVER BEEN TOUCHED ...

                           Have you ever heard the phrase "Never been touched.."? Are you one of the NEVER BEEN TOUCHED-nun-like-old-fashion? Have you ever had a thing that has never appreciated? Never noticed? Never given recognition? Or have someone gave you a gift for an instance but you never DARE to open it for some reason? Well, I guess some of us or most of us had this kind of experience, but allow me to share what I realized today relevant to my title. =)

                           As a student nurse, it's usual for us to browse a medical books because it is part of so called ROUTINE. I usually read books relevant to my chosen career or oftentimes I browse Joyce Black's Medical Surgical ONLYwhen there's a quiz. I am a kind of person who is lazy-nerdy-look-like student in the department. But I honestly I LOVE BOOKS! I love to collect books and I even dreamed to build my OWN MINI LIBRARY in my OWN HOUSE (spare room) someday.

                         Now let's move on, I came to school early for my minor subject which unfortunately, a reliable source informed us that the professor will be absent due to fever. Since my next subject starts at 5pm with my VERY BEST LECTURER, I stayed in library instead. As I enter the library, I left my bag and took all my valuable things like wallet, cellphone, and the Authentic Beauty by Lesli Ludy which I borrowed from Regina (Thanks Rej!) I saved a desk for me and looked around the library to borrow book, guess what did I borrow? Of course the Medical Surgical of Black's Vol. I and the Youth Bible. AHA! That's unusual for YOU, but not for ME! I did not have my devotion today so since the library is one of the perfect atmospheres to have my contemplation, I grabbed the opportunity.After reading a chapter or two of Authentic Beauty, next to it is the bible. First chapter that showed amazing facts is Isaiah 6: an angel touched the lips of Isaiah with a burning coal, then Ps. 34 just moved in me, GOD IS SO WONDERFUL! Check it out! Read it!

                       After that I was disturbed by the fact that Medical Surgical is so obsolete while the bible published by how many decades looks fine and brand new. No dust, not even a hint of fingerprints or even a scratch is evident. It looks like NEVER  BEEN TOUCHED! This is not actually rare, this always happens all the time. Although not even a short strand of dust is present, I can say that this compilation of wonderful and powerful events have been missed by NO-CARE-AT-ALL students. It was never appreciated, never recognized, never tried to scan it for ONCE? I felt sorry, disappointed and gloomy about this. Although in some point of reasonable excuses I know most of  the students are "BUSY" of mind-your-own-business. I believe that we have a  lot of time to even at least scan that inexplicable guidance book.

                      Now I'd like to clarify this part that since I'm not always inside the library, I am aware of might interrogation portion such as "Oh, your not always inside the library how are you sure that it has never been touch?" or may be "The book is University's property and not anyone's may be the reason of its cleanliness or unscratched is that they are very careful not to ruin its beautiful features!" Grant that is true, but I will stand on my title. But if that is what you're thinking how come that the library form is empty? and my name is on it? Me only. Therefore I conclude that my title could be valid.

                     This kind of scenario doesn't happen only inside the school or library even in our own home. The bible is ignored, passed by, covered by dust, displayed in shelves and sometimes used to kill a cockroach (how cruel!). Would you like to check it now? If your bible is used? Most of us, Christians, look after God when we needed or wanted something. We often go to Him if we only have a problem, sometimes we blame Him why things happen this way, but when everything is all right, every petition has been answered, we were blessed or given beyond our petition we tend to forget WHO gave it to us. We tend to unrecognised or acknowledged Him for what He did for us.

                      What I am trying to say here is that it is impossible that within 24 hours we don't get the chance to at least for a minute browse or read a simple verse. Why don't try instead of texting a lover or admirer, read the Bible or instead of watching KOREAN NOVELA (HAHA! that's me) meditate His word. We always have spare time, it's impossible to have full schedule that within the day we won't be able to look after our Guide and most lovingly Father.God made the time not only for our own will activities but also He wanted that time despite of busyness we were still able to remember who made this possible. But why do we need this? Because we might be so deaf or dumb that we are turning against Him, we don't hear Him say "My child, I love you, you are never alone... Trust me!" but we ignore Him because of our BUSYness that we come to the point that we do not recognize our REAL purpose. Let's not be so stupid because every seconds count, there's always a consequence in every decision that we make. If THE WORD has been ignore, we might also ignoring His best plan for us or what He want us to do. If we are so blind to see His will for us, we are risking our lives to miss every milliseconds of answered prayers and blessings for us.

                      Never underestimate Jesus, never cease trying to reach the end of His clothes even in a crowded place because surely He knows that we are willing to submit our lives to Him. Never allow the opportunities to pass by. Never allow the brain keep us away from reading the BEST book in the world. Never allow THE WORD not used or read. Never allow our lives not to be touched by Jesus Christ's loving tenderness. Don't miss this thrilling part: Jesus was crucified for OUR sins that He doesn't deserve but because of our heavenly Father's boundless and unconditional love for us, He gave us His ONLY Son and in return we received the reward free which is the ETERNAL LIFE that we longed for.Don't allow your life never been touched by His boundless love through His word or His amazing children. . . 

                     Turn and look back how many blessings you received from where you started your life? Recall and as you remember each of them, smile and say this words "Thank You Lord, I believe You made this possible... Thank You, lesson learned... Thank You Lord for all the fulfilment of Your promises! I love You more than anything... I give my life to You... Teach me and guide me to keep my eyes on You and make Your word my vitamins every morning and evening! Thank You, to God be the glory... In Jesus' name, AMEN"

Thank you for reading, sorry for misspelled words and incorrect grammar! =) Still, to God be the glory ALONE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment