Thursday, December 9, 2010

Doc, Doc, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Back then, we already tackled psyche, immune system, oxygenation, and maternity nursing (normal pregnancy and disorders). All the lecturers are very good! They excel in teaching, they see us students that we can do more than listening, they see us that we can become like them or better than them. One lesson is not yet lectured, the gastrointestinal tract (first semester). One time, my classmate, Ryan, told me "magaling yun, baka magustuhan mo din. haha." I replied, "talaga? Let's see..." So last weeks of September and October he was our last lecturer- Doctor Arni Magdamo. First time I saw him, my impression was like " ah okay..." something like that. But when he started introducing himself, I was like "EPISTAXIS, I need tissue!" HAHA. Because he was actually and literally lecturing us fluently in english!

He is an Atenean, a Master's degree in business administration and of course graduated in University of the Philippines as Doctor of Medicine. He was actually a professional not just by name but also in deeds. As he began his lecture I was observing him, actually he didn't tell us that he also studied in Ateneo De Manila University, and so I started wondering if he came from ateneo, since he kept on speaking in English so I have no doubt that he is an atenean, I have friend in Ateneo and I can tell what Doc is doing was also like my friend's... (English, intellectually and physically professional...)

Most of the time, people mistakenly pronounces my name as SHE-KI-NAH or Shek-Nah but this time when he called the officers (I'm the vice president in class) by surnames I guess he noticed my name peculiar or maybe he really likes to call his students by their first names, and so when he is about to say my first name I am expecting that he might mispronounce it. But to my surprise, he actually said my name with confident and blurt it out "SHE-KAY-NA". Anyway, it's my pleasure to get to know a person like him, approachable, deserve to be respected and of course deserve to admire! Although, names like mine are the one he calls for recitation, I got nervous that time. HAHA

He speaks in english fluently and explains the topic in a forwarded type of explanation which makes us students get wrinkles because most of us can't catch up. But its good thing though because I believe it will help us in the future. He explains the topic in detailed and I find it easy to comprehend the pathophysio of the diseases. I see the why's and what's of the concepts. I can see his passion of teaching not only because it is his job or he is oblige to do it but he wants us to learn to see life that we can enjoy it through our chosen profession.

He is one of the best lecturers I encountered, but he is my number one! GUT is one of my favorite systems in human anatomy, I remember back then when I was still a Trinitian (Trinity University of Asia, Quezon City) I got a highest score in RLE about the excretion system. HAHA. Doc Magdamo is a nephrologist and I don't know why he chose nephrology of all the system in human anatomy. He is our professor this semester and the lesson is about the renal disorders! Well, for now I am still trying to refocus myself on studying because it’s actually difficult to concentrate if the target is not clear. So in order for me to refocus myself I need to check what is my goal and where is my target. Doctor A. Magdamo has been influential to me, I've seen him not just a professor but also next to our adviser. Last semester, the first time I met him, he was giving us a lecture not only about the topic but also about life.

It has been 3 months though since he actually spoke to me personally, about the incident that happened to our section but it never happened again. I am so sad that this time when I am now the president of the section, he is not actually comfortable approaching me, I don't know maybe because I act agitatedly when I am not in front of him or maybe he sensed that I like him, HAHA. So weird, I am very observant. 

I don't care if my section is not his favorite or he doesn't see me as one of his best students, as long as he is doing his job and his passion of teaching continues I will keep motivated, adored, honored and pleased to be one of his student. Once part of your life will always be part of your life and he is one of the people who occupied the spaces in my heart. Amazingly, God has given me people I can look after too.

Doctor Arni Magdamo, has touched many lives, has healed many souls, has reached and taught interested student just to share his knowledge in medical field. He has been good, no, excellent in every task. Yes, he makes mistakes, but it doesn’t hinder him to do better next time.What I like about him is that in every aspect of his life, he tries not only to distinguish it but he is actually trying to scope every detail of his life just to LEARN.

Until next time, I will listen attentively and learn from you as long as you keep on teaching us! For now, WHAT words I can express are = THANK YOU! for being part of our lives! thank you for being an excellent lecturer! For imparting your knowledge! =) God bless

thank you! 

sorry for the incorrect grammars and misspelled words

 God bless you! I'm still going to polish this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment